Hello everyone…It’s a beautiful morning and it’s easy to get inspired to do so many things, however, I am going to be finishing up income taxes today and maybe I will get some time to play with the ink.
I am puppy sitting this weekend. Bella is a pom and about 5 months old, so it is like having a baby in the house…I guess she is a baby. Bella belongs to my son and his family, so that actually makes her a grand-puppy. I don’t have a picture to share with you as she is sleeping peacefully so maybe next time I can share he
Here is a birthday card that I made for my son-in-law’s birthday this week. This card was fun to make and there will be so much that I can do with it. One of my next purchases from Stampin Up will the be the Loads of Fun stamp which will extend the possibilities. These stamp sets “Loads of Love” and the “Loads of Love Accessories” really work well for manly birthday cards. They are fun and whimsical and you can make a variety of cards using them, from birthday to harvest, to Christmas.
All products are Stampin Up unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories
Paper: More Mustard, Baja Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Pea DP, Textured Basic Brown, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Basic Black, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop Punch, Big Shot, Matchbox die, Coloured Markers, Brads (other), Dimensionals
Technique: 2 step stamping, layering
1. Card Base done in Creamy Caramel – 51/2 x 41/4
2. Baja Blue – cut 5 ¼” X 4”
3. A strip of textured basic brown punched with the scallop punch on one edge
4. A piece of SPDP cut to resemble a grassy hill
5. The truck stamped with basic black on the pumpkin pie and cut out
6. The pieces were layered and assembled on the baja blue and the truck placed so that it looks like it’s travelling down a road.
7. The presents, the trees and the man figure were stamped using the 2 step stamping technique. The trees where stamped using both the garden green and chocolate chip ink and the presents were coloured using various markets
8. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of creamy caramel from the label portion of the matchbox die and accessorized with the brads and attached to the card using dimensionals
So, until next time…………