Hi and Happy Wednesday. Well, I am on day 2 of a fitness program and trying to get the mojo back or at least stop gravity from taking over.
Speaking of mojo, this card was based on MoJo 135 from over at http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/. Check it out for inspiration and you can have a new one each week delivered to your email box. How easy is that.
This card is for co-worker and friend who is away from home and is celebrating a birthday, so thought the card may make her birthday a little more cheerier.
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Ballet Blue, Rose Red, Whisper White, Garden Green, Sweet Pea DP
Ink: Black Embossing Ink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, and Summer Sun
Accessories: Scallop Trim Punch, Big Shot, Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder, Original Ribbon, Black Embossing Powder Blender Pen, X-Large 2-Step Bird Stamp, Dimensionals, Square Scallop punch
1. Card Base – Ballet Blue 5 ½” x 4 ¼”
2. Layer 1 – Whisper White – 5 ¼” x 4”
3. Layer 2 – Rose Red – 4” x 3” and embossing with Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder
4. Using Black Embossing Ink, stamp Fifth Avenue Floral on Whisper White and emboss using Black Embossing Powder
5. Water colour the rose with various inks using a blender pen, which will create dimension for the rose.
6. Cut out with Paper Snips
7. Cut a strip from the DP 2” x 3” and a 2” x 3” strip from Ballet Blue and punch the long edge using the Scallop Trim Punch. Attach the punched strip to the DP strip.
8. Attach the ribbon and layer the DP over all layers.
9. Attach rose to the card, punch out leaves using the 2 step bird punch and attach to rose
10. Stamp sentiment on whisper white and cut out using square circle punch and cut in half
11. Using the whisper white as a guide, cut out an underlying piece from rose red and attach to card. .
As I promised in my last post, here is a picture of Bella, the puppy. Isn’t she the cutest?
So until next time……….