Ice Cream Summer Treat
What is better than an Ice Cream Summer Treat. Why not use it for a handmade Birthday Card. Besides, July is ice cream month and the ice cream cone had a birthday on July 23rd.
Stamps: Sprinkles of Life, You’ve Got This.
Ink/Markers: Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Tip Top Taupe, Tuxedo Black.
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake, Hello Honey, Tip Top Taupe, Bohemian DSP, Shimmery White.
Accessories: Big Shot, Lots of Labels Framelits, Boho Chic Embossing Folder, Gold Glitter, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Aqua Pen, Tree Builder Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Shaving Cream, Bohemian Designer Washi Tape.
Shaving Cream Technique
You can make your ice cream seem real by using the shaving cream technique. This technique is quite fun to do, a little messy, but fun.
This is how you do it.
- You will need a can of foamy shaving cream, a stir stick, and a paper plate.
- Shake up your shaving cream and squirt some on your paper plate. Now add a few drops of reinker to your shaving cream. I used Pink Pirouette and Rich Razzleberry. Be careful though, a little bit of reinker goes a long way. The ice cream looks a bit like Black Cherry. What do you think?
- Now swirl your toothpick through the shaving cream, being careful not to mix so much that your colour becomes muddy.
- When you have achieved the desired colour, put your paper face down into the shaving cream. Make sure that your paper is covered. Remove the paper and wipe the excess shaving cream off the paper. To speed up the drying process you can use a heat too. I used Shimmery White card stock as it is a little heavier than the regular Whisper White card stock.
- Stamp 3 ice cream scoops in Tuxedo Black.
How to get the Gold Glitter on your Ice Cream Summer Treat.
- Mix a few drops of Multipurpose Liquid Glue with water from your Aqua Painter.
- Take your Aqua Painter and flick it on your Ice Cream Scoops. Try not to get the splotches to big
- Before the splotches dry, sprinkled Gold Glitter over your scoops.
Voila! you now have glittery ice cream.
Here is one more tip to get some texture to your card. Attach the Washi Tape to your card stock and use the embossing folder to add a pattern.
Happy Birthday to the Ice Cream Cone. Now it’s your turn to make yourself an Ice Cream Summer Treat. I will leave it up to you to decide if it’s a card or the real thing.