Graduations Are So Important
Graduations signify an ending of something and a beginning to something else. One of my former colleague recently graduated from the Certified General Accountants programs after nearly 10 years devoted to studying.
Balancing usually a full-time job, studies and relationships or family is not an easy thing. Often students will take their classes through long distance and that is another strain.
Then it’s graduation, and all that hard work and dedication starts to pay off over the long term. The doors just open to many opportunities.
Here is the card that I sent to my friend, congratulating her on her graduation.
Stamps: Starburst Sayings, Blue Ribbon, Gorgeous Grunge, Point and Click Project Life.
Ink/Markers: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Basic Grey, Lost Lagoon.
Paper: Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Moonlight DSP, Gold Glimmer.
Accessories: Big Shot, Starburst Framelits, Circles Collection, Candy Dots, Hello Honey 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon.
This card was cased from Jan Tink. Thank you Jan.
Some points about this card.
- when stamping the stars, stamp off onto scraps before stamping on the paper.
- The bottom Starburst is stamped on whisper white using black berry bliss and the largest stamp in the set. Die cut with the Starburst Framelits
- Cut a circle using the Circle Collections Framelits and go up one size from the circle that fits inside of the Starburst.
- Cut a Starburst circle using the one size smaller circle from the above step.
- Finally stamp the hat and grad sentiment on Lost Lagoon, cut it out with the Circle Collection Framelits, sponge the edges with Blackberry Bliss and attah to the Blackberry Bliss circle from the previous step.
- Stamp the stars and the water mark diagonally across the lighter DSP
- Finish the card by stamping the other elements and die cutting with the framelits, and then layering the elements. Tie a bow from the Hello Honey ribbon and attach to card.