Fall Birthday Card With Unique Ribbon Treatment
Use Fall images and colours to make a fall birthday card. Most birthday cards that you find to purchase do not use of Fall icons. Let’s look at two possible reasons.
First, while fall colours can be beautiful and rich for some people, the card of choice for a female is a pretty card with flowers. Of course, the colours would be vibrant or soft. What colours and images are you attracted to when creating a birthday card for a female.
Number 2 is that fall birthday cards tend to be more masculine than feminine. Fall colours do lend themselves to masculine cards. Some people do not give handmade cards to males because they see or feel that the cards are not appreciated and valued. Ever read the book “Men are from Mars and Women are From Venus” by John Gray? The emotional makeup of men and women are quite different. Actually, this book is very interesting and gives insight into the differences between men and women.
Stamps: Basket of Wishes, Vintage Leaves.
Ink: Tip Top Taupe, Black StazOn, Crushed Curry, Versa Mark, Markers: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango.
Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Crushed Curry.
Accessories: Big Shot, Woodgrain Emboss Folder, Tags and Labels Framelits, Leaflets Framelits, Copper Embossing Powder, 5/8” Burlap Ribbon, Sponge Daubers.
A few details on this card:
- Emboss the Tip Top Taupe layer with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and sponge with Tip Top Taupe ink to bring out the grain.
- Stamp the basket and the gourds on Very Vanilla using StazOn ink. Allow to dry before colouring will Stampin Write Markers.
- Measure out enough ribbon to make the diagonal ribbon banner. Stamp circles on the 5/8″ Burlap ribbon with Sponge Dauber and Crushed Curry.
- Heat Emboss one of the leaves with Copper Embossing Powder and die cut with matching Leaflet Framelits. Tie the stem with a strand from the Burlap Ribbon.
- Attach the ribbon to the Tip Top Taupe woodgrain layer in a zig-zag pattern.
- Lastly, attach the art piece of the Old Olive layer and layer on the ribbon.
Your Fall Birthday card is completed. Require products to complete this card? Click on any of a the images below and you will be taken to my ONLINE STORE