What is Blue Monday?
This year, Blue Monday is January 19th. Blue Monday is said to be the most bluest of days for many people. It occurs on the first Monday of the last full week in January. There is even a mathematical equation that helps decide the day.
So why is their a Blue Monday
- The Christmas and New Year festivities are over and the bills start flowing in.
- We have started to loose focus on our New Year Resolutions and we get upset with ourselves.
- In the northern Hemisphere, we are waiting for more daylight – that in itself can lead to depression.
So what can you do to combat this feeling?
- Get out and enjoy some winter activities…skiing, ice skating
- Surround yourself with positive friends…maybe there a some who aren’t affected by Blue Monday.
- If you suffer from SAD, get yourself a light which can help combat that sad feeling.
- Look forward and stay positive…the days are indeed getting longer with more daylight…just maybe not as fast as we want.
- Go stamp some cards and get into the Sale-A-Bration feeling
So what goes better with Blue Monday than a Blue Lotus Flower from the SAB catalogue. This flower will make you smile.
Because what is better than 2-step stamping? Why, it’s 3-step stamping.
Stamps: Lotus Blossom, Butterfly Basics.
Ink/Markers: Crushed Curry, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Pistachio Pudding.
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Painted Blooms DSP.
Accessories: Big Shot, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Whisper White Seam Binding, Bitty Butterfly Punch.
If you are using the wood mount or clear mount stamps, use the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to line up your flowers. If you use the photopolymer stamps, then you can see right through the stamps to line them up.
THe stamps are number 1, 2 and 3 so you know which order to use the stamps.
For these blue lotuses, I stamped #1 with Pacific Point (the darkest colour), #2 stamp – Marina Mist and #3 – Marina Mist stamped off 2xs.
This style of stamping gives beautiful definition to the images.
The butterflies are from the Basic Butterfly stamp set. They are stamped 3 times and punched out with the Bitty Butterfly punch.
You can earn this stamp set for free by purchasing $60.00 in products – it’s Sale-a-Bration time.