Watercoloring a Singing Merry Mouse For Christmas
Create a cute Christmas Card by watercoloring a singing Merry Mouse. This watercoloring method is easy to create, but a little messy. You can use this technique for card backgrounds and no two backgrounds will turn out the same.
I fell in love with this stamp set from the 2017 Holiday Catalogue. There are 3 different images depicting these adorable mice. Not that I am a huge fan of live mice. This stamp is part of the Good-bye 2016, Hello Sale. Click the link to my ONLINE STORE
Stamps: Merry Mice.
Ink/Markers: Black StazOn, Real Red, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz.
Paper: Shimmery White, Real Red, Smoky Slate.
Accessories: Big Shot, Holly Textured Impression Embossing Folder, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Red Ribbon, Metallics Sequin Assortment, Clear Block F, Spritzer.
How to Create the Watercolor Background
- Choose your ink colors, and cardstock. I prefer to use watercolor paper or Shimmery White cardstock. I have used Whisper White cardstock, but it will pill if you add too much ink and water.
- Use one of your Clear Blocks to stamp the watercolor on the cardstock. The size of your block will depend on the size of your paper and the look you want to achieve.
- Use an Aqua Painter and ink or a marker and color on the clear block. This background has 2 colors. The Marina Mist is on the top portion and the Pear Pizzazz ink on the bottom. Try not to mix the colors too much.
- Spritz the block with water using a spritzer. I found that the easiest way to transfer the ink to the cardstock, is to leave the inked block on your work surface and lay your cardstock on the block. Gently press the cardstock into the ink and remove quickly.
- You will be surprised at the outcome. This type of watercoloring is not meant to be neat and tidy. There could be blotches which adds to the uniqueness.
- Dry naturally or use your Heat tool. Once the ink is dry, stamp your image using StazOn ink.
Stamp another image on Shimmery White card and color with the new Watercolor Pencil Crayons (available January 4th, 2017). Fussy cut this image and layer on top of the original image with dimensionals. The will cause the image to be raised and give a 3-D appearance.
Add a few embellishments from the Metallics Sequin Assortment to add some pizzaz.
Now it’s your turn to create a Christmas card by watercoloring a singing Merry Mouse.