Thinking of My Friend
When my friend had some health issues, I made her a “Thinking of You” card to let her know how much she has meant to me over the years.
I spent some time thinking of my friend while I made her a “Thinking of You” card. Some of the things I thought about were:
- how long I have known her
- what she has done to support me
- the fun times and laughs that we shared over the years
- the tears we have shared over time.
- the difficulties we both have been through
- the no-nonsense talks and advice she gave me to pull me up by my boot straps.
- the respect that we have for each other
This card was created using new products from the 2015 Spring Occasions and the 2015 Sale-a-Bration Catalogues – WaHooo!!! Wait until you see these products and the other surprises inside the catalogues.
Stamps: Butterfly Basics, Crazy About You.
Ink/Markers: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride, Blushing Bride Marker.
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride, Painted Blooms DSP, Vellum.
Accessories: Big Shot, Butterfly Thinlit Dies, Adorning Accent Framelits, Envelope Liner Framelits, Pearl Jewels, 5/8” Organza Ribbon.
- The butterfly is overlayed on a piece of vellum which is coloured using Blushing Bride Marker. I traced the die onto the vellum and fussy cut. I had to trim a few spots for the body.
- The sentiment is made from various stamps from the Crazy About You stamp set. I love these stamp sets that allow you to create your own sentiment by using different words and the photopolymer stamps make it so easy to do this.
- The leaves are stamped using Wild Wasabi ink and stamped again beside the original image to create a shadow. WHen using this technique, do not load up your stamp again with ink.
Use this stamp set for many different occasions such as birthdays, weddings, sympathy, and anniversary cards. It is so versatile.
The 2015 Occasions Catalogue goes live January 6, 2015.
Because the catalogue has not gone “live”, I am unable to show you the products.
Check out the Year-End Closeouts Sale. It end January 5, 2015 and some products are discounted by 80%. Visit my ONLINE STORE to see what is available for purchase. These products are on a “first come, first served” basis. When they are gone, they’re gone.