Spring Cleaning – Organize Your Craft Supplies
Ah-spring cleaning, that time of the year is upon us. Spring is a great time to renew, reuse or recycle.
I know that spring cleaning your craft supplies can be daunting. So here are a few tips that you may be able to use in your quest to organize your craft supplies.
4 Tips to Organize Your Craft Supplies
- Store you craft supplies by grouping like products.
- Use bins, baskets, shelving, cabinets and craft organizers that are available in retail store.
- Use items that you have in your home. Did you know that toilet paper rolls in a box make great storage for you markers, crayons and pencils?
- Here is one on-line store that will help with ideas for your storage needs The Container Store.
- Declutter your craft supplies.
- When setting up a designated area for crafting, it is a great time to get rid of supplies that you haven’t used in the last 2 years. Often these supplies have moved to the back of the newer ones and if you haven’t used them in 2 years it’s unlikely that you will make use of them.
- Throw out the ones that are broken or in bad shape.
- Advertise in your local on-line community boards.
- Donate the gently used ones to local senior homes or schools. Someone will be very appreciative of these supplies.
- Decide on a designated space.
- It is no fun to have your supplies scattered amongst your home as you will spend more time searching for what you need rather than using what you have. The best place for storage is a designated area whether it’s a large area or an area that is part of another room. Having a designated area for your crafting supplies will make creating those projects much easier.
- Label the storage solutions.
- Create labels for your storage solutions. There is nothing more annoying than not being able to remember when you put that ribbon, punch, or other supplies.
- Having the storage solutions labeled will also help you to remember that you do have those supplies and you won’t duplicate them.
- Simple labels like handwritten, downloadable printables or labels made using a labeler like one by Brother.
I hope that you have found these spring cleaning tips valuable.
Here are a sample of my storage solutions.