With the start of the new year, Stampin’ Up! is once again doing “it up right” with Sale-a-Bration.
In the next 9 weeks, I will show you projects created with products from the 2013 Spring Catalogue and the Sale-a-Bration catalogue.
These projects will have all the supplies listed as well as the instructions for completing them.
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my Blog, so you don’t miss an episode. (The “Subscribe” button is in the middle of the right sidebar, and it’s so easy, just type in your email address).
This is Stampin’ Up!’s biggest sale of the year and offers you wonderful products that you can earn for FREE!
Here it is, almost the end of January and I just know that you are hoping for spring.
Spring breathes new life into the trees, the grass and of course those early Spring bulbs (of course you planted them last fall) begin to show their heads.
Sale-a-Bration runs from January 22, 2013 – March 22, 2013.
For every $60 CDN that you order (not including shipping and taxes), you will earn a FREE product from the Sale-a-Bration catalogue. FREE is FREE – no shipping and no taxes.
After Christmas, we all have the Thank You cards to send out. Here is a Thank You card that is bright and cherry and of course uses those fresh spring colors.
Stamps: Oh Hello (c- 13733, w-130730 2013 Spring Catalogue)
Paper: Natural Ivory (101849), Lucky Limeade (122926), Calypso Coral (122925), Tea for Two DSP (129311), First Edition DSP (121878)
Ink: Calypso Coral (126893), Lucky Limeade (126984), Early Espresso (126974)
Accessories: Natural 7/16” Trim Ribbon (129287), 2011-2013 In Color Brad (122940)
Tools: Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), Borders Scoring Plate (126192), Glue Dots (103683), Dimensionals (104430), Sponge Dauber (102892), Sticky Strip (104294), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Paper Snips (103579), Paper-Piercing Tool (126189), Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199)
Other: Small piece of doweling
Cut Naturals Ivory card stock – 11-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ and score at 5-1/2″
- Cut Lucky Limeade card stock – 4″ x 5-1/2″
- Using the Simply Scored Stylus, Simply Scored Scoring Tool and the Borders Scoring Plate, trace the large zig-zag along the bottom. With the Scoring Plate still in place trace the next smaller zig-zag. Turn the card stock over so that the raised portion of the embossing is on the front of the card.
- Cut the Tea for Two DSP 3-3/4″ x 4″ and attach to Lucky Limeade card stock
- Cut a 4-3/4″ strip of Naturals Trim Ribbon and attach over the DSP and the Lucky Limeade card stock covering the edge of the DSP
- Attach all to the card base
- Using Early Espresso and the First Edition DSP, stamp 1 flag with the stitching, do the same with a piece of the Tea for Two DSP. Trim the two stamped images and set aside.
- To Make the Pin Wheel – Using the Tea for Two DSP, cut a 2″ square. Using scissors, snip starting at each of the 4 corners to within 1/2″ of the center.
- Because the square is not large, attach each point of the pinwheel using glue dots. Using the Paper-Piercing too and the Stampin’ Pierce Mat, poke a hole in the center and attach brad. When assembled attach to the doweling with the Multipurpose Glue and set aside to dry.
- Cut 1 piece of Calypso Coral – 2-3/4″ x 1-3/8″ and 1 piece of Naturals Ivory – 2-1/2″ x 1-1/4″. Using Calypso Coral ink, stamp the sentiment on the Naturals Ivory. Sponge around the edges with Calypso Coral ink using a Sponge Dauber. Attach sentiment panel to the Calypso Coral card stock.
- Now you are ready to attach your elements to the front of the card. The pinwheel and the sentiment are attached with dimensionals and the flags re attached with multipurpose glue.
Have fun! See you next Saturday with another Sale-a-Bration project.
As always, if you have any questions, please EMAIL ME
Learn techniques and get valuable tips. Watch the video.
Is your paper crafting wish list bigger than your bank account?
Do you live in an area where you don’t have access to a stamping club?