Yes, Sale-a-Bration is quickly coming to an end. Only 2 Weeks left to get your Free Product because on March 22, 2013, Sale-a-Bration goes away for another year.
This is week 8 for the projects created with products from the Spring 2013 Catalogue and the Sale-a-Bration flyer.
This week, I have combined 2 stamp sets that go very nicely together to create a whimsical card, the Rain and Shine stamp set and the Bootiful Occasions stamp set. Ever since I saw the Bootiful Occasions stamp set, I knew I had to have it because there are 4 really cute stamps for several different occasions and you can just have fun creating with them.
This project also used the Masking Technique on the boots
Stamps: Bootiful Occasions (c – 126597, w- 126595, p50 2012/13 Annual Catalogue), Rain or Shine (c – 126777, w- 1266775 p30 2013 Spring Catalogue
Paper: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP, Vellum
Ink: Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Mellon Mambo
Accessories: Big Shot, Cloudy Day Embossing Folder, Labels Collection Framelits Marina Mist Striped Organdy Ribbon, Lucky Limeade Marker
Tools: Dimensionals, Multipurpose Glue, Glue Dots, Paper Snips
Other: Post-it Note
- Cut Marina Mist card stock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″
- Cut Daffodil Delight card stock – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Cut Vellum piece – 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2
- Ink the rubber boot image with Melon Mambo and stamp on Whisper White card stock
- Ink the rubber boot image with Melon Mambo and stamp on the Post-it Note. Cut out the boot using your Paper Snips
- Align the Post-it Note image so that it overlaps the boot stamped on the Whisper White. Off-set the image a bit and stamp over the Post-it Note and along side the first boot with Melon Mambo.
- Remove the Post-it Note and you can see two boots, one behind the other.
- Stamp one of the umbrellas from the Rain or Shine stamp set on Whisper White card stock using Marina Mist ink and stamp the umbrella handle using Early Espresso ink. Fussy cut both with your Paper Snips.
- Using the Labels Collection Framelits and the Big Shot, cut out the 3rd largest label from Whisper White card stock. Emboss using the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.
- Cut a 4-3/4″ piece of the Marina Mist Striped Organdy Ribbon
- Cut a strip of the Sunny and Sprinkles DSP – 1″ x 4″. Cut the ends into a V shape.
Tip: An easy way to cut the V shape is to cut up the center of end to where you want you V shape to end and then cut from each corner, diagonally to the first cut. In this way, you will get each side identical.
To Assemble Card
- Build the Vellum panel first so you know where to put your adhesive
- Attach the embossed framelit to the center of the Vellum panel.
- Attach the DSP strip to the bottom of the Cloudy Day embossed framelit
- Lay the Marina Mist Ribbon over the DSP strip
- Attach the boots using Dimensionals
- Using adhesive, glue the umbrella handle just underneath the boots
- Attach the umbrella using Dimensionals
- Attach the Vellum panel to the Daffodil Delight panel. Apply the adhesive to areas that will not be seen.
- Color the “rain and shine” words with the Lucky Limeade marker, huff and stamp on a piece of Whisper White. Trim to make a flag and attach to the card.
- Attach all panels to Marina Mist card base.
Send your card off to someone that needs a “Pick Me Up”
Get your Free Products – Only 2 weeks left. Click HERE to order.
Learn techniques and get valuable tips. Watch the video.
Is your paper crafting wish list bigger than your bank account?
Do you live in an area where you don’t have access to a stamping club?