Mothers Day Framed Collage
A Mothers Day framed collage takes the place of a card. So, I set out to create the collage and frame it. I had so much fun doing the project, I did 2 more, one for my daughter and one for my daughter-in-law.
Create this project with the papers, stamps, inks of your choice. It’s a great time to use up the papers that are sit and wait to be used. Because, I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, and have retired products in my stash, this is a great project to use the stash.
Mothers Day Framed Collage Recipe
Stamps: Jar of Love, So In Love.
Ink/Marker: Sweet Sugarplum, Fresh Fig, Wild Wasabi, Emerald Envy, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Tip Top Taupe, Pool Party, Basic Gray.
Paper: Whisper White (12 x 12), Blackberry Bliss, Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper, Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer
Accessories: Big Shot, Blooming Hearts Thinlits, Everyday Jar Framelits, Butterfly Thinlits, Timeless Tags Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Sweet & Sassy Framelits, Rhinestone Jewels, Blackberry Bliss 3/8” Striped Ribbon, Paper Flowers, Tea Lace Doily, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, 2016-18 Sponge Dauber, 12″ x 12″ White Frame.
Paper Cutting Measurements
- Whisper White 12″ x 12″
- Blackberry Bliss 11″ x 11″
- Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper 10″ x 10″
- Blackberry Bliss 9″ x 9″
- Whisper White 8″ x 8″
- Tag It Layer – Whisper White 3-3/4″ X 3-3/4″, Blackberry Bliss 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″, Whisper White 3″ x 3″
- Jar of Love Whisper White 3-1/2″ x 3-3/4″, Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper 2″ x 3-3/2″ .
- Glitter Oval – 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″, Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper 3″ x 3″
- Butterflies – Whisper White 1-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White 2″ x 3-1/4″
- Die cut the butterflies with the Timeless Tags Thinlits from Blackberry Bliss. Attach the butterflies down the side of the framed and layered flower. Color the back flower panel with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.
- Layer 1/2 White Tea Lace Doily behind the DSP prior to adhering the DSP for the Jar of Love
- Cut an oval from Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper and layer on scalloped oval. Die cut a butterfly from Sweet Sugarplum cardstock. Sponge around the butterfly with Sponge Dauber and Sweet Sugarplum ink. Die cut a portion of the heart from Whisper White using the Blooming Hearts Thinlits. Attach to butterfly and trim excess cardstock. Die cut a flower from Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper and attach to butterfly. Stamp a sentiment on Whisper White and die cut a heart using Sweet & Sassy Framelits. Sponge around the heart with Sponge Dauber and Sweet Sugarplum ink.
- Use Blackberry Bliss cardstock to die cut butterflies using the Butterfly Thinlit from the Timeless Tags Thinlits.
- Stamp the circle and the “To My Amazing Mother” sentiment on Whisper White cardstock. Stamp the flower on scrap Whisper White using Basic Gray ink. Color with Sweet Sugarplum and Wild Wasabi markers. Die cut using flower from the Timeless Tags Thinlits. Stamp scroll beneath the flower using Blackberry Bliss ink.
While I created a Mothers Day framed collage, you can adapt this project to any occasion such as a wedding, baby shower, Father’s Day, etc. Finally, whatever you do, have fun creating.