Minecraft Birthday Card
I created a Minecraft birthday card for my Grandson who is turning 7. He adores anything Minecraft, so why not a birthday card. For an extra added twist, I added a shaker surprise.
Paper: Cucumber Crush, Smokey Slate, Basic Grey, Basic Black, Whisper White, Window Sheets, Silver Glimmer Paper.
Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Dots Embossing Folder, Squares Collections Framelits, 1” Square Punch, Silver Sequin Trim, Metallics Sequin Assortment.
- The Minecraft was crafted by using Cucumber Crush and the 1″Square Punch. His body was a rectangle which is adhered to the black background .
- The face is small pieces of Basic Black squares and 1 square was cut in 1/2 for his mouth.
- Because the background is black and looks like night, the moon was created from cutting down a piece of Silver Glimmer paper that was die cut using the smallest square framelit.
- The window was made using Window Sheets and the 4th smallest framelit.
- To make frame, the 4th smallest framelit and the 3rd smallest framelit were used.
- Attach the Window Sheet to the frame using Glue Dots and then layer narrow pieces of foam tape along the edges of the frame. I used Scots 1/2″ Foam Tape and cut it into 4 lengths.
- Pile your sequins in the center, remove the backing from the Foam Tape and place the window in the center of the card. Voila! You now have a shaker frame.
For the sentiment for this Minecraft Birthday card, I went looking on the internet for a Minecraft font. I found one HERE.
All you have to do is download the font, click on the download, click on the .zip file and install. Your Minecraft font will now be stored on your computer for another Minecraft Birthday card.
The embossed panel was turned over so that the deboss side shows. This sort of looks like the font.
This card was inspired by Sarah Wills.