Make Spirits Bright
What do you do to make spirits bright at Christmas time? Many people struggle at this time of year for various reasons. For some, there is no money for the extras, for others it may be a “blue” season, for others there may be no family..
Here are some ways that you can make spirits bright for others:
- donate to your local food bank.
- donate your time to a community dinner and help in the preparation and serving of the food.
- donate gifts to a community charity that collects gifts for the under privileged.
- if you know someone will be alone over the holidays, ask them to share your dinner.
- donate used warm clothing and blankets for those who live in a colder climate.
- carry handmade Christmas and holiday cards with you and hand them out so that they can be used by the recipients to share with others.
Here is a simple card that you can make to donate to others.
Stamps: Among The Branches*, Holly Jolly Greetings.
Ink/Markers: Basic Grey, VersaMark.
Paper: Whisper White Thick, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Red Foil, Silver Glimmer, Winter Wonderland Specialty DSP.
Accessories: Big Shot, Christmas Greetings Thinlit Dies*, Woodland Embossing Folder, Silver Embossing Powder, Silver Thread, 2″ Circle Punch, 2-1/2″ Circle Punch, Banner Triple Punch, Brayer.
* Among The Branches and the Woodland Embossing Folder may be purchased as a bundle.
To create the background, the Woodland Embossing Folder was brayed with Basic Grey ink. Make sure you choose the side with the background raised and the trees indented. This will usually be the side the says “SIZZIX”. Carefully, place the Smoky Slate card stock in the folder and run through the Big Shot using the usual sandwich for embossing folders. You will achieve a beautiful suede background and the birch trees will pop.
The Red Foil banner is the pop of colour that is needed for this card.
This is a simple card that you could recreate that would make spirits bright for someone that needs cheering up at this time of year.