Suggestions To Create Feminine Greeting Cards
In this post, I will give you suggestions to create feminine greeting cards, but before I do, I would like to talk a bit more about color theory and the color wheel. Read my previous post HERE.
Black or white do not show on the color wheel, so where do this colors fit into the color wheel?
What colors, embellishments, images denote a feminine card?
- Pastel colors such as Powder Pink, Soft Sky, So Saffron, are part of the Subtles Color Family. Any of the colors in this family are great for feminine, baby, wedding or sympathy cards.
- Lace also depicts femininity. Add a Delicate White Doily to your card and you have sweet and elegant. Did you know that you can use a Stampin’ Spritzer with a reinker to spray the doily?
- Pearls are another embellishment that you can use for feminine cards.
- Ribbons, especially those in the Subtles Collection can be use to suggest femininity on a card.
- Lastly, images such as flowers, birthday cakes and/or small cute animals which are either stamped in a pastel color or colored in a pastel color are quite, calm and soft.
Above all have fun with color.
Create tints, shades and tones by mixing white, black or both into the wheel colors.
Tints, Tones, Shades
- Create tints by mixing white into a color. More often than not, we recognize this colors as pastels. Pastels can represent as peace, calm and quiet.
- Create tones by adding black and white into a color. The quantity of black or white added to the original color will result in a lighter or darker color. Grey is formed by mixing white and black.
- Create tones by adding black to a color.
Stamps: Birthday Delivery
Ink/Marker: Black Stazon, Markers: So Saffron, Powder Pink, Crumb Cake. Â
Paper: Whisper White Thick, Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Powder Pink, Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack.
Accessories: Big Shot, Happy Birthday Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Birthday Friends Framelits, 1/2″ Powder Pink Finely Woven Ribbon, 1/4″ White Ribbon, Pearl Basic Jewels, Delicate White Doilies, Adhesive Sheets.
Details to create the above feminine greeting card.
- Card base is Whisper White cardstock.
- Layer a panel of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Add a layer of Powder Pink from the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack. For this card I chose the pattern that looks like lace.
- Stamp cake image on Whisper White cardstock and colour with markers and blender brush (Crumb Cake, Powder Pink, Soft Sky for cake, So Saffron for candle flames). Die cut cake, add pearls to bottom of candles and on the ribbon.
- Add a Delicate White Doily, a circle cut from Powder Pink cardstock using Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Die cut the Happy Birthday from Smokey Slate cardstock. Don’t forget to add a piece of Adhesive Sheet to the cardstock before die cutting. The Adhesive Sheets make is so easy to attach the intricate die cut pieces to your card.
- To complete your card, place a piece of white narrow ribbon on a piece of Powder Pink Finely Woven Ribbon and all to card. Attach the cake over the ribbons.
Try out these suggestions to create feminine greeting cards. You can purchase the suggested inks, cardstock, embellishments and Big Shot Tools from my ONLINE STORE. Remember though, it’s a good idea to give these types of card to someone who enjoys femininity.