Create an Encouragement Card with Hot Air Balloons
Send an encouragement card when someone needs a pick-me up. Often the card will bring a smile to someone’s face knowing that you are thinking of them.
What situations would warrant a pick-me up card? Here are some suggestions:
- a life shattering illness.
- loss of employment
- preparing for school and/or college exams
- a new job
- relationships that are not going well
- or any event that causes people stress.
The Lift Me Up stamp set is ideal to deliver encouraging words. The stamp set contains various sentiments to convey encouragement. As well, there are birthday and Valentine’s Day sentiments.
Recipe for Encouragement Card
Stamps: Lift Me Up
Ink/Markers: Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, VersaMark.
Paper: Whisper White, Peekaboo Peach, Carried Away Designer Series Paper.
Accessories: Big Shot, Up & Away Thinlit Dies, Sponge Daubers, Gold 1/4” Natural Trim, Linen Thread, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
What do you feel when you see a hot air balloon? Is it freedom? Can you imagine the feeling flying above the ground in a hot air balloon. Maybe it is fear. That would be me.
- Use a scene from the Carried Away Designer Series Paper. There are 2 great designs that you could use. ( I hope that you picked this paper as your gift during Sale-a-Bration)
- Emboss the balloons with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder to bring them to life.
- Stamp the clouds on Whisper White cardstock, die cut them and sponge the edges with Smoky Slate ink and a sponge dauber. Sponge the plain die cut clouds as well. This treatment adds some dimension.
- Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock and create a banner. Sponge the edges with Night of Navy ink. Attach with dimensionals over a strip of the Gold 1/4” Natural Trim.
- Tie a bow with the Linen Thread and attach to the largest balloon.
Create an encouragement card and send it out to someone who needs a pick-me up.
Check out this blog post for another idea for an encouragement card. http://simplysaidwithkaren.com/encouraging-words-lift-spirits/
Order your supplies to create your own pick-me up card. ONLINE STORE