Dory Thanks Friends
Dory thanks friends with a card…ok, if she could create one. But you can create a thank you card. How often has a friend, or a family member gone above and beyond to do something for you. Do you create a thank you card for them? Most often we just say “Thanks” and leave it at that.
But, to give a friend a card, has a tangible meaning. They can hold it in their hands, they can read what you wrote and then get to keep the card to remember that thanks.
Stamps: Seaside Shore, Rose Wonder.
Ink/Markers: VersaMark, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Dapper Denim, Memento Tuxedo Black.
Paper: Dapper Denim, Whisper White.
Accessories: Clear Emboss Powder, White Emboss Powder, Copper Emboss Powder, Paper Snips, Heat Tool, Watercolor Pencils.
This card was fun to create. Using the emboss resist creates a stunning card and it is relatively easy. And yes, it has cutouts that you need to fussy cut. Oh well, it went really fast.
I use Stampin’ Up! products to create my cards and SU does not have coloured emboss powder. So, how did it do it?
To achieve the coloured embossing, these are the steps:
- On Whisper White, stamp the angle fish in Tuxedo Black. Color in the white spaces with the Melon Mambo Watercolor Pencil.
- On Whisper White, stamp the smaller fish in Daffodil Delight. Color the white spaces with the Bermuda Bay Watercolor Pencil.
- Use the Paper Snips to fussy cut the fish.
- Place the fish on your VersaMark pad and press so that the VersaMark ink is transferred to the fish.
- Sprinkle with Clear Emboss Powder and heat set with Heat Tool.
Create the Background
- Stamp the wavy image at the bottom of the Whisper White panel with VersaMark. Stamp the bubble image going towards the top of the panel. Sprinkle all the images with White Emboss Powder and heat set with Heat Tool.
- Using a sponge or sponge dauber, sponge Dapper Denim ink on the bottom of the panel , sponge Daffodil Delight ink on the left top corner and fill out the rest of the panel with Bermuda Bay ink.
- Take a clean cloth and wipe the excess ink off the embossed images.
- Stamp the anchor image with VersaMark ink and heat emboss with Copper Emboss Powder.
- Finally, stamp the sentiment of your choice in Dapper Denim.
Mount the colored panel on the Dapper Denim card base.
Have fun creating your own Dory thanks friends card.