DIY Succulent Terrarium
Consider creating a DIY Succulent Terrarium for Spring. Succulents are the garden trend this year. However, creating a succulent display may lead to a considerable cash layout. With the cash the leaves your pocket, comes the care and feeding of your succulents, Then, there is always the possibility they may not survive. I don’t have a green thumb and the lighting in my home is not conducive to live plants. So, paper flowers and plants work extremely well for me.
Read more about Paper Crafting Trends HERE.
Why not create a succulent terrarium from paper and ink.
And, that is exactly what I set out to do….create my own terrarium.
One of the new stamp set and thinlits in the 2017 Occasions catalogue is the Oh, So Succulent Bundle. You can create succulents to your hearts content. What about the terrarium? Well, you can create that as well.
DIY Succulent Terrarium Recipe
Stamps: Oh, So Succulent, Dragonfly Dreams.
Ink/Markers: Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake, Tuxedo Black Memento, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Sweet Sugar Plum, Window Sheets, Silver Foil, Whisper White, Tip Top Taupe, Emerald Envy, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, So Saffron.
Accessories: Big Shot, Curvy Keepsake Thinlits Dies, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies, Succulent Framelits Dies, Large Rhinestone Jewels, 3/8” Metallic Ribbon*, Silver 1/8” Ribbon, Fringe Scissors.
*Sale-a-Bration Item – receive free with a $60 CDN order. (Shipping and taxes not included)
- Cut 2 sides for the terrarium from the WIndow Sheets using the Curvy Keepsake Thinlits Dies. Adhere the bottom together with Mini Glue Dots. Cut a square from Whisper White and Silver foil. Attache the Silver Foil square to the inside bottom of the Curvy Keepsake and the Whisper White square to the outside boom of the Curry Keepsake with Mini Glue Dots.
- Die cut 2 sets of succulents in Emerald Envy and Sweet Sugarplum cardstock. Sponge the Sweet Sugarplum succulent using Rich Razzleberry ink and the Emerald Envy succulent with Tip Top Taupe. Curl the petals with a Bone Folder. Attach the layers using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Attach a large Rhinestone to the center of each succulent.
- Cut 2 flat succulents from Tip Top Taupe and sponge with Tip Top Taupe ink.
- Using the Fringe Scissors, cut several strips from Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Stamp the bee from the Dragonfly Dreams using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and die cut with the bee from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. Stamp the underlay from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set on So Saffron using Daffodil Delight ink. Use Paper Snips to fussy cut. Attach to one of the succulents.
- Build your terrarium inside the Curvy Keepsake Gift Box. Don’t forget the filler made from the Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Die cut the multiple Dragonflies using the Silver Foil paper. Attach to the outside of the Curvy Keepsake gift box using Mini Glue Dots.
- Lay the length of the 1/8″ silver Ribbon on a length of the on the 3/8″ Metallic Ribbon and atie a box through the handle of the Curvy Keepsake Gift Box.
- Finally, display your DIY Succulent Terrarium on a shelf or table and enjoy.
Want to create a DIY Succulent Terrarium? Shop my store for these products. Click on any of the images below to be taken to my ONLINE STORE.
Will you create you Succulent Terrarium. Leave me a comment to let me know what you would create.