Candied Flourish Designs
I wanted to create a rather generic card that could be used for any occasion, such as birthday, wedding, engagement and/or sympathy. Of course, there are many other occasions for this card . However, the style is more feminine than masculine.
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, So In Love.
Ink/Markers: VersaMark, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand.
Paper: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, Falling In Love DSP.
Accessories: Big Shot,Fluttering Textured Impression Embossing Folder, Flourish Thinlit Dies, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Heat and Stick Powder,Very Vanilla 1/4” Satin Ribbon, Very Vanilla1/2” Lace Trim, Pearl Jewels, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.
Here’s how you can create your very own Sugar Candied Flourish Card:
- The card base – Sahara Sand Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2 ” scored at 4-1/4″
- Blushing Bride panel – 4″ x 5-1/4″. Emboss with Fluttering Textured Impression Embossing Folder.
- Falling in Love DSP – 4″ x 3″. Attach to Blushing Bride Panel.
- Cut 8″ of Very Vanilla 1/4” Satin Ribbon and 8″ of Very Vanilla1/2” Lace Trim. Lay the Satin Ribbon over the Lace Trim over the top edge of the DSP and tie in a knot on the left of the card. Trim the ends of the ribbon and lace.
- To create the candied flourish designs, die cut the flourish from the Flourish Thinlit Dies with the Big Shot. Tap the VersaMark ink pad all over the flourish. Make sure the flourish is covered completely.
- Sprinkle Heat and Stick powder over the flourish and heat with Heat Tool. There should be a bit of a sheen on the flourish. Sprinkle the flourish with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and heat set for a couple of seconds.
- Attach the flourish to the front of the card.
- Stamp 2 large butterflies in Mint Macaron and punch with Elegant Butterfly punch. Stamp 1 smaller butterfly in Mint Macaron and punch with Bitty Butterfly Punch.
- Attach to front of card with dimensionals. Try to lift up the wings on the butterfly.
- Stamp the frame from the So In Love stamp set on Very Vanilla with Sahara Sand ink. Stamp your sentiment on the frame with Sahara Sand ink. Fussy cut the sentiment and attach with dimensionals to front of card.
- Attach Pearl Jewels to the Butterflies.
Use your creative abilities to create a card using the candied flourish designs technique. Need supplies to create this design, shop my Online Store. Click on the images below.
View this POST for other ideas using Thinlit Dies.