Bloom with Hope Art Piece
I am loving the Bloom with Hope stamp set in this year’s Annual Catalogue. There is only one way to get your hands on this stamp set. How, you ask? Host a class or a workshop and if you have a minimum sales of $200, this is one stamp set that you can choose as a Hostess Reward.
Stamps: Bloom with Hope (c-133952, w-133949, p 240, 2014/15 Annual Catalogue – Hostess), Feel Goods (c-129684, w-131916, p 36, 2014/15 Annual Catalogue)
Ink: Tangelo Twist, Lost Lagoon, Pistachio Pudding, Stazon Black
Paper: Flowerpot DSP.
Accessories: Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine, 2013-2015 In Color Sequin Assortment, Rhinestone Jewels.
Other: Canvas, Modgepodge, White Acrylic Paint, Tissue Paper
This is my second attempt at Mixed Media and I changed up a few things from the last one I did. See this post.
So what did I do differently?
- Rather than putting a base of paper on the canvas, I started right in with the design.
- Tangelo Twist, Lost Lagoon and Pistachio Pudding inks were sponged onto the canvas (including the sides).
- A sort of square piece of the Flowerpot DSP was torn around the edges and laid down with modgepodge. To tone down the colors, a white wash made of white acrylic paint and water was painted over the DSP.
- On one of the edges, I rolled up a bit of the paper for interest and this exposed the other side of the paper. The roll was sponged lightly with Tangelo Twist ink.
- The flowers and leaves from the Bloom with Hope stamp set were stamped using Stazon Black ink onto the Flowerpot DSP and yes, fussy cut. They were attached using modgepodge. Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine was attached to the stems.
- The sentiment from the Feel Goods stamp set was stamped on tissue paper and attached using Modgepodge. This makes it appear as thought the sentiment is stamped straight onto the canvas.
- The Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine was attached using Modgepodge and looped around on the canvas.
Even now there are things that I would like to change up on this mixed media art piece. I guess I will just have to do another one.
Click on images to go to my Online Store