Balloon Birthday Party Card
Create a balloon birthday party card with the Balloon Adventures stamp set from Stampin‘ Up!. What is even better is a shaker birthday card.
Shaker cards are fun to create, to give and to receive. A shaker card is an interactive card because it give the recipient something to do, namely shake it and see the bits and pieces move across the card.
Creating a birthday card for a teen boy may prove to be difficult.
What are the dos and don’t of teen male cards?
- Stick to strong colours like black, blue, green and red.
- Use images that are simple like stars, balloons, circles, squares, and triangles. Grunge is great for guys.
- Use simple embellishments such as washi tape, buttons, and brads.
- Try to stay away from feminine colours such a bubblegum pink, minty green, pale blue.
- Stay away from images such as flowers and cutesy.
- Try to stay away from ribbons, and lace
Balloon Birthday Party Card Recipe
Stamps: Balloon Adventures.
Ink/Markers: Tangerine Tango.
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Emerald Envy, Gold Glimmer, Party Animal Designer Series Paper, Window Sheet.
Accessories: Big Shot, Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies, Sprinkles Punch, Party Pack Punches.
The Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits were designed to use on the inside of the card. Normally, you would die cut the thinlit on a piece of cardstock, fold it and attach to the inside of the card. When the card is opened, the balloons would pop off the card. This card is just another idea on how to make multiple uses of your die cuts.
Punch the shaker bits and pieces from various punches and papers. Contain behind the window sheet. Secure the Window Sheet to the Whisper White cardstock so that no pieces escape.
Click this LINK to see other masculine cards.
You too can create the balloon birthday party card which is a great image for a male teen birthday card. Leave a comment and tell me about your ideas for a male teen birthday card.